The Contact Method item of the Customer section records the means of contact for a particular customer, and identifies which of them is the primary method.
Add a Contact Method
- Select the desired contact method from the bottom-most cell of the Type column.
- Enter the appropriate value for the type of contact method in the adjacent cell Value column. For instance, if a Main Number has been selected as the contact method in the Type column, then enter that telephone number in the Value column.
- Enter any commentary regarding the contact method into the appropriate cell of the Description column.
- Indicate if the contact method is active by checking the box in the Active column. If the contact method is not active, leave that box unchecked.
- If the contact method is the primary means of contact for the customer, indicate this by checking the IsPrimary box in line with the method.
Note: Only one contact method is allowed. Checking an empty box will remove the check from the box that had been previously checked.
Edit a Contact Method
- Click on each field to be edited.
- Make changes.
- Tab off the field.
Delete a Contact Method
- Right-click on the row of the contact method.
- Select Delete Contact Method(s).
- A pop-up window will prompt a confirmation. Click Yes to delete the contact method and return to the grid.