Your email profile must be set up if you wish to use any of the email features within Avionté.
- Go to the Start Page.
- From the Actions menu, choose Email Profile or click the Email Profile shortcut button (if set up). This will bring up the Email Profile wizard.
- On the Email Profile tab, enter the following information:
Field Description Additional Information Profile Name Enter a name for this email profile. Email Address Enter the email address for this profile. User Name Enter the user name you'd like for this profile. Password Enter the password you would like to have for accessing this profile. This should be the mail domain password that you already use.
Note: If the password for the email account changes, it will need to be updated in Avionté.
Retype Password Confirm the password you created in the field above. Reply To Email Address Set up an email address where replies will go. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) Obtain this information from your administrator. Outgoing Mail Server Port Obtain this information from your administrator. Enable SSL Discuss with your administrator whether or not to enable SSL. Avionté uses the Microsoft System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient object that supports SSL, however it only supports Explicit SSL and not Implicit SSL.
Note: In version 15.1 and newer, Avionté-hosted customers will see only the Profile Name, Email Address, and Reply To Email Address fields for information entry. The other values are auto-populated.
- Test the email profile by clicking Send Test Email. Set up your signature (optional).
- The HTML tab can be used to add additional items such as images, or social networking links as necessary.
- Click Next to continue to the Share Profile tab.
- On the Share Profile tab you can select the users you want to share this email profile with. Across the top are three buttons that provide options for selecting users. Those options are:
Select All Users From My Branch Share this profile with all users at your branch. Select All Users From My Supplier Share this profile with all the users at your supplier. Deselect All Unselect all users.
- Once you have selected the users with whom you would like to share this profile, click Finish to save.
If the email account password changes, it will need to be updated in Avionté. If the password is not updated, email functionality will not work and users will receive an error message stating that “The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated….”
- Navigate to the Email profile from Start Page > Actions > Email Profile.
- Enter the updated password in both password fields.
- Click Finish.
- To confirm that the password has been updated correctly, go to the Email Profile and click Send Test Email.