Advanced Search allows users to select required and optional search parameters and build multiple groupings. In addition to certain parameters being selected as required or optional, users have the ability to sort parameters into groups and deem them required or optional.
Advanced Search Demonstration Video
Access Advanced Search
There are multiple ways to access the Advanced Search function in Avionté.
- Start Page > Actions Menu
- Start Page Shortcut (to set this option, right-click and select Advanced Search)
- F7 Hot Key
Advanced Search Window Layout
Configure an Advanced Search
Populate the following fields corresponded on the image:
- Search Type: Main tree-item on which to search, e.g. Employee, Customer
- Category: Sub-tree of search type
- Fields: Data field in sub-tree
- Operator: Search function
- Enter Value: Select a value from the drop-down menu or enter a value
- Click Add Search and add the line item to the search parameters
Repeat steps 2-6 to add additional search items.
|Search type||Contains the parameters to create a customized search.|
|Select Category||Contains Table, which is a list of parameters that pertain to the selected Search Type.|
|Select Fields||Contains Description, which is a list of parameters that pertain to the selected Search Category.|
|Select Operator||Contains Name, which contains a list of boolean operators that pertain to the selected Select Operator.|
|Enter Value||Either a free-text field of a drop-down menu for a parameter based on the previous parameter selections.|
|Action||Contains the Add Search button, which creates a search item on the previously selected parameters and adds it to Search Item section.|
|Search Item||List of the created search items with their customized parameters.|
Search Grouping Option Tab
To define further search parameters, additional grouping options can be set in the Search Grouping tab.
For each search item:
- In the Boolean column, select Required (AND) or Optional (OR).
- Assign the items to groups.
- If groups created in the item list need further grouping, create the Parent Group and select Required or Optional.
- The Search Group Tree displays a representation of results.
Save & Share
Save a frequently generated search and share it with other internal users.
- Click Save Share in the Actions menu. The Select Users window will appear.
- Enter Search Name.
- Click Basic Search to enter a check mark in the box.
- Select Users to whom the search setup will be shared. The search will be added to each user's search list and/or basic search list.
- Click Finish.
Once the search has been generated, the results window will return all applicable matches; filter, sort, and select columns using the same functionality found in the basic search results window.
Use Search Option
The Use Search Option enables a search based on the Search Options already set up under Employee, Customer, Order, etc.
When the Use Search Option is checked in Advanced Search, the search will generate results based on the settings in the Search Option slide panel of the currently chosen Search Type.
In the example below, the Search Type is "Employee."
If the Search Option Slide panel in the Employee category is set to "By Status" and "Branch," those search settings will be used by Advanced Search.