A Master Order is a status used to indicate an order is used for copying purposes only.
A Master Order is a status for a temporary order used strictly for copying purposes, and will not actually be filled nor counted toward job order metrics. Creating a master order is useful, as it saves time and is generally used during high volume order processing.
Note: Once created, an order with this status can be used as template through the Copy Order function.
Add the Master Order status
- Navigate to Admin Tools > Config Choice > Detail tab.
- Select Add New to clear out the fields in the bottom section.
- Select Order_TempStatus in the Category drop-down menu.
- Enter "Master Order" in the Choice Code field.
- Enter a description that will display for this Config Choice selection elsewhere in the system.
Note: A description similar to "Master Order. Do not place to this order" is recommended.
- Select branches that will have the config choice applied.
- Click Save.
Configure the Master Order
- Navigate to the Admin Tools > Config Choice > ChoiceProperty Tab.
- Select Order_TempStatus from the category drop-down menu, and the applicable branch from the branch drop-down menu.
Note: If you wish to apply the Master Order to all branches, mark the checkbox to the right of the branch drop-down menu. This will prompt a pop-up after every change ensuring you wish to update to all branches.
- Find and select Master Order.
- Configure the Master Order status. Set the following column properties to False:
Column Properties AllowAssignment False FilledStatus False ImpliesActive False IsDefault False IsWebVisible False OpenStatus False PartiallyFilledStatus False
- Customize the rest of the Config Choice properties as desired.