Groups in the Favorites section can be viewed in various ways depending on the section item you are on.
To search for groups and display them in a sortable grid:
- Navigate to Favorites > Home.
- Search for a group from the search fields at the top of the page. The Search Types include Group Name or Group ID.
- Double click the grid entry to navigate to the Detail item of the Favorites section.
- To sort your search results into groups, click and drag the column header to the field directly above the grid. This reorganizes the info on the grid according to column header you select.
Searches can be customized from the Search Option tab on the far-right hand side of the page. The options under the Search Option tab are:
- Only Show: This features the Show Child checkbox. Checking the Show Child will produce search results for child groups as well as parent groups.
- Action: This is where you can print or export your search results. To print your results:
- Determine whether or not to preview your document by checking, or unchecking, the Preview Before Printing checkbox.
- Determine the width of your document by selecting the number of pages from the Fit width to pages menu.
- When you have made your selections click the Print Search Result to print the document.
Click the Export To Excel button to export your search results to an Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
You can select different criteria to display in the grid by clicking on the field chooser on the upper-left hand side of the screen. The field chooser here allows for the display of the following:
|Date Entered||The date the group was put into the system.|
|Entered By||Name of the user that entered the group info.|
|Entity Type||i.e. Employee, Agency, Customer, etc. Favorite Group|
|ID||Identification number associated to the group.|
|Group Name||Full name of the group.|
|Group Status||i.e. Active, Inactive, etc.|
|Root Group Name||Name of the root group for the group selected.|
The Detail item of the Favorites section displays an exploded view of a group's information.
To perform specific actions on the Favorites section select the action from the Actions menu in the upper-right corner of the window, or select it from the Shortcut group. The Actions available are:
|Edit Group||Make changes to group data.|
|Refresh||Update group information.|
|Mass Mail||Send out large-scale email notifications.|
|Move/Copy Favorite Items||Move items in favorites.|
|New Favorite Group Items||Add a favorite group item to the group.|
|Add Child||Add a child group to the group.|
|New Message||Add a new message to the group.|
|Show Favorite Group Items||View Favorite Group Items in the Report Viewer.|
Basic information regarding your selected group is displayed in the Group Info group. The Group Info group displays:
|Group ID||The identification number for the group.|
|Name||Full name of the group.|
|Status||(Active, Inactive, etc.)|
|Type||(Employee, Agency, etc.)|
|Parent||The parent group of the current group (if applicable).|
The Description group displays the description of the group entered when it was created. To make changes to the Description click the Edit Group shortcut button or select Edit Group from the Actions menu.
The entity grid at the bottom of the window allows for the removal of entities from the group and as well as navigation to other aspects of the system in order to view the entity in greater detail.
To examine the entity in greater detail click the View icon on the far-right of the grid. This will navigate you to the section that matches the entity's type. So if the entity is an employee the View icon will navigate you to the Employee section, whereas if the entity is an agency the icon will navigate you to the Agency section.
To remove an entity from the grid, click the Remove icon on the far-right of the grid.