The Equipment Deduction Tracking/Refund function is used to track items the employee has purchased for work use. Items or services such as boots, safety googles, and drug tests are frequently tracked through this function.
Equipment Deduction Tracking Setup
- Select Equipment Deduction Tracking from the Actions menu of the Assignment section. This displays the Equipment Deduction Tracking/Refund window.
Note: If this is the first equipment entry for this assignment the default will be a deduction. If a deduction already exists for the assignment, you will be prompted indicate if you are entering a deduction or a refund.
- Complete the data entry for the equipment deduction by entering data in the following fields:
Field Description Equipment Select the type of equipment from the drop-down menu. For information on editing the Equipment menu click here. Tag A numeric code that corresponds to the type of equipment selected. Issue Date The date the equipment was given to the employee. Deduction Amount Cost of the equipment which is being withheld. Deduction A/c Period The accounting period in which the deduction will appear. Owner The owner of the equipment.
- When you have finished your data entry click the Finish button to save the data and return to the Assignment section.
To set up a refund using the Equipment Deduction Tracking option:
- Set up a deduction for the equipment you're refunding.
- Select Equipment Deduction Tracking from the Actions menu of Assignment. This will display the Employee Deduction Choose Mode
- Select Refund from the window. This displays the Equipment Deduction Refund tab.
- Complete data entry for the equipment deduction refund in the following fields:
Field Description Refund Amount Amount that is being refunded. Refund A/c Period Accounting period when the refund was issued. Credit Amount Amount being credited. Credit A/c Period Accounting period when the credit was issued. Return Note Record messages concerning the status or condition of the returned equipment.
- Click the Finish button to save the data and return to the Assignment section.