A Credit Memo is an AR section invoice type used to apply credit to a customer's account. A Credit Memo can be created from the Accounts Receivable (AR) home screen.
- Navigate to Main Menu > Back Office > AR > Home sub-page
- Select the desired batch or create a batch if necessary. Visit the AR New Batch help page for instructions.
- Navigate to Main Menu > Back Office > AR Post Payment sub-page
- Click Create New Invoice from the Actions Menu or the Create New Invoice shortcut button.
- Select CM for the Invoice Type and enter in a negative amount to show a credit.
Note: The amount must be a negative to process correctly.
- Click Select Invoices or enter the invoice number into the section below to apply the Credit Memo.
- Click Process Payments when the batch is complete.