General Ledger Interactive Course
Click the image to access an interactive training course walking through the configuration and weekly process of the General Ledger feed.
Note: To avoid losing real data, during testing/setup, back up the live general ledger data in your accounting software prior to importing any new test GL entries from Avionté.
Generate a GL Feed
- Navigate to Main Menu Back Office > Weekly Process.
- Click GL on the Shortcuts menu. The GL Feed Form displays.
- In the Date Range section of the GL Feed Form, enter a Start Date and End Date based on accounting period.
- OPTIONAL: To clear prior journal entries, click Delete Journal Entry
- Journal entries for the dates listed in the Start Date and End Date will be deleted.
- If the journal has consistently balanced in previous accounting periods, there is no need to remove the journal entries.
- OPTIONAL: Select the specific items in GL Entity that will be included in the GL Feed.
Item Description GL Column Select the account columns that need to be included. The default setting includes all columns. Unselecting a column could cause the GL groups to not balance. Branch Select which branch/branches to include. To separate export files by branch, select one branch at a time and generate/export each result. Creating separate feeds for each branch may also result in an imbalance in the GL groups. Entry Item This selection list does not impact the GL Feed or the Journal Entry results.
- All journal entries from the dates selected will be created on the Journal Entry Tab
- Verify the journal entries balance per group in the Journal Entry tab (Debit Amount = Credit Amount)
- Ensure the Start Date and End Date are still listed correctly.
|Accounts Receivable (debit)||This sums the total bill from the time entry.|
|AP Check Payable (debit)||This sums the accounts payable net check amount.|
|AR Payments Received (credit)||This sums the AR Payments.|
|Cash-AR Payments Received (debit)||This sums the AR payments.|
|Discount (debit)||This sums the discount amount from invoice.|
|Employer Taxes Expense (debit)||This sums the employer tax amount from the paychecks.|
|Employer Taxes Expense (credit)||This sums the employer tax amount from the paychecks.|
|Finance Charges Asset (debit)||This sums the finance charge amount from the invoice.|
|Finance Charges Revenue (credit)||This sums the finance charge amount from the invoice.|
|Net Check Amount (Credit)||This sums the net check amount for W2, 1099 and agency employees.|
|Sales Tax (credit)||This sums the sales tax amount from the invoice.|
|Subcontractor Expense (debit)||This sums the agency cost for non-W2 employees.|
|Total Adjustment in AP Checks (credit)||This sums the accounts payable net check amount.|
|Total Sales (credit)||This sums the invoice amount and the offset to this is the Accounts Receivable (debit).|
|Wages Expense (debit)||This sums the gross wages (taxable wages) for the W2 employees.|
|WC Expense (debit)||This sums the worker comp cost.|
|WC Payable (credit)||This sums the worker comp cost.|
|Withheld Adjustments Payable (credit)||This sums the employee's deductions withheld from the paycheck.|
|Withheld Taxes Payable (credit)||This sums the taxes withheld from employee's paychecks.|
Groupings and Offsets
|Sales and AR||