This article is designed for setup of the General Ledger in Avionte. Once the GL has been set up, the GL data produced by Avionté can be mapped and exported to a third-party accounting system (e.g. QuickBooks). For GL mapping export instructions visit the GL Mapping and Export article.
- Navigate to Main Menu > Back Office > Weekly Process
- Click GL (General Ledger) on the Shortcuts menu. The GL Feed Form window displays. Setup tabs are displayed along the top of the window.
- Click the GL Account Setup tab. The setup will occur right to left (with one exception) along the tabs.
- Click the ‘+’ to the left of Actions. The “Initialize GL” drop-down menu becomes available.
Caution: Initializing the GL Account Setup will reset existing GL configuration. If any of this process is already completed, up to and including mapping of accounts, do not Initialize.
In the GL Category drop-down menu, select a Category.
In the Account grid below, check the “IsVisible” box next to items to be shown in the GL Journal Entry.
After all applicable items have been selected from each available Category, click the GL Account Mapping tab.
- In the GL Category drop-down menu, select a Category.
- In the Select Column grid, click on a column name to display that column name's group options in the Select Group Option grid to the right.
- Place a check mark next to a GroupOption to indicate the level at which the option will be applied.
- Click the Generate Account Mapping button after the levels have been indicated.
- Repeat this process for each GL Category in the drop-down menu until all categories have been addressed.
- Click the GL Account Mapping tab. The GL Account Mapping tab displays the breakout level options selected in the previous tab.
- Click the Refresh button if expected breakout levels fail to display.
Notes BEFORE continuing
Ignore the Avionté Category name. Use the Description and DisplayName to inform mapping.
Do not map the GL accounts until after verification of the journal entry break-down (next step).
Verify the journal entry break-down after you have completed and closed at least one accounting period. Data can be test or live.
It is always best practice to close the accounting period before GL is generated.
- Depending on the amount on the amount of data, this process may take a few minutes.
- A "Complete!" confirmation displays when the process is complete.
- If the week was correctly closed, the Debit and Credit columns should balance.
- The Export to Excel option can be used to leverage Excel's filtering options to assist with mapping.
The General Ledger has now been setup.
- If new mapping is ever needed (i.e. a new branch is added, or new transaction types), click the GL Account Option tab and Generate Account Mapping again to create the new options.
- If a specific break-out is not required, an account does not need to be provided. The feed will ignore all items without an account.