If a check has been lost or damaged to the point that it can't be deposited, it should be reissued.
A reissued check will have a different check number than the original check.
- From the Main Menu, navigate to Back Office > Paycheck
- Perform a search as needed to display results in the Paycheck search grid.
- Select the paycheck by double-clicking on its row.
- Click the Actions menu.
- click Reissue Paychecks. The Reissue Paycheck window appears.
- Fill in the fields with the appropriate information:
Field Description Accounting Period
Select the appropriate accounting period.
Note: Avionté best practice is to process any paycheck corrections in the current accounting period.
If the original check and the corrected check are issued in the same filing year, set the date to either today's date or a date in the future.
Note: All corrections should be made in the current accounting period when possible. Do NOT backdate the check date unless it meets the special circumstance outlined below. Manipulating this information will affect quarterly and year end tax filings.
If the original check was issued in the previous year (i.e. December 2017) and the correction is processed in the current year (i.e. any time in 2018), set the check date to the last day of the previous year (i.e. December 31, 2017). Processing the correction in this way will avoid negative wages in the current year.
Note: If the check correction was processed across filing years, as described above, it is necessary to amend the previous year filings. Consult your financial adviser for more information.
Run Type "Check Reissue" Bank Select the Bank account that will be used to process this reissued check. Description
Enter information regarding the reissue of the check.
Note: This field is optional.
Enter any fee that you wish to charge for the charged for the check reissue (i.e. recovered stop payment fee, processing and handling, etc.) The amount entered will be deducted from the check.
- Click Finish. The check is processed, and a message will appear once the paycheck reissue has been processed.
- Click OK to close the message.
- On the Print/Post Checks tab. Avionté will generate the next check stub number. Set the Start Check Number to the number of the first check in the batch.
- Click Print Checks to print the check. The Report Viewer window appears and displays the check.
- Click the Print button to send the check to the the designated check printer.
- Close Report Viewer when finished printing.
- A message appears asking you to confirm that the check printed correctly. Click Yes or No. (If No, review the steps above, make the necessary changes and try printing the check again.)
- A message will appear once the paycheck reissue has been processed. Click OK to close the message.
- Click Finish.