Avionté text messaging functionality, sometimes referred to as "MassText", works similarly to MassMail as it allows one sender to notify multiple recipients with the same message.
Text messaging enables a sender to filter recipients based on a variety of characteristics including position title, status, and location.
Note: Text messaging is available through the Start Page > Actions Menu > Advanced Search option as well as the Call-Em-All integration.
Email Profile Setup
Mass Text requires that the sender's email has been configured in the Avionté application. Visit the Email Profile Setup help page for instructions.
Mass Text requires two config options to be enabled.
|Config Option||Navigation Path||Link to Valid Values|
|AllowTextMessaging||Admin Tools > Config Option > Config Option By FKName > Property > AllowTextMessaging||AllowTextMessaging help page|
|MaxSmsTextCharacters||Admin Tools > Config Option > Config Option By FKName > Property > MaxSmsTextCharacters||MaxSmsTextCharacters help page|
Send a Text Message
- Navigate to Start Page > Actions > Advanced Search
- Run an Advanced Search
- Choose a description from the Select Search drop-down menu.
- Click the Run Search button.
- A search status window will display while results are being generated.
- The Advanced Search window will automatically switch to the Search Result tab displaying the search results.
- Filter the results further by entering content into column headings.
- If a cell phone has not been set up for the recipient, an error message will display.
Double-click on an employee in the Advanced Search results to access and edit cell phone details. Double-clicking an employee will open the Employee > Summary page. Click the Edit Employee button, then Contact Methods to access the Employee > Contact Method page for cell phone editing.
- If a Send Mail Option displays, ensure "Use SMTP mail profile" is selected in the Choose area and "Use Send Mail Dialog" is selected in the SMTP Option area.
- Though not required, content may be entered into the "Subject" field.