General Best Practices
- Electronic Disclosures/Agreements may be the most efficient way to distribute and manage documents.
- Accuracy in setting the ACA status during onboarding, full-time vs variable hour.
- Use transaction types correctly to properly appropriate hours, specifically the property for IncludeinACAHours and UnitToHoursMultiplier.
- Timely end of assignments. Create a process to properly end assignments on a weekly basis if not all the time.
- The best practice to follow for retro pay is appropriating hours to the right week worked. Make sure that report logic is pulling in all pay codes.
- Be certain to separate hours into different transaction types for hours of service and hours worked; i.e. separate entry for Vacation from Jury Duty.
- Audit your process: Make sure to review the ACA Companion Census AQ on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to ensure that new employees are being determined properly by comparing ACA eligibility status to hours and start dates.
Communicating your Healthcare Offering
- For ease in completing enrollment paperwork, include an eDocument or a link from the Avionté portal to your Insurance broker or carrier site.
- Export an eligible employee list and provide it to your insurance broker or carrier. The broker contacts them for enrollment. Import the list back into Avionté to create enrollments/declinations in the ACA Companion.
Invoice Options to Consider
- Bill only transaction
- Straight percent charge on total bill as separate line item
- How should it be reflected in AR?
- How should it show up in your GL feed?
- Will require invoice modification if not handling via mark-up
- Any defined percentages will be included when calculating finance charges.
- Consider what logic you’d like to apply