Setting up the Asurint plugin for a staffing supplier includes setting branch permissions and entering usernames, passwords, and package IDs.
Note: A plugin must be installed before its settings can be adjusted. For help, see Install a Background Check Plugin.
Also, the steps below require credentials obtained from the background check provider. Before proceeding, please contact the provider to acquire usernames, passwords, Package IDs, and Package Names. Avionté does not have access to this information until you have entered it into your system.
Select the Plugin and Supplier to Configure
- Open Admin Tools (Ctrl + L, or go to Start Page > Actions menu > Admin Tools).
- In System, double-click Background Check Plugins.
- Click Edit on an installed plugin to enable the Select Supplier section.
- Select the desired staffing supplier, and be sure the Active check box is checked.
- Click Save Subscription to activate the plugin for this branch and ready the Plugin Settings section for configuration entry.
Add Branch Permissions
In the Plugin Settings area, enter the username and password (supplied by Asurint) for each branch that will be using Asurint:
- In the Owner Name column, find the branch to be set up. Each branch has two rows: one for entering a username, and one for entering a password.
Tip: Sort the table's column data alphabetically by clicking column headers (Owner Name, Node Type, etc.).
- For each branch, find the row in which "username" appears in the Property Description column. Type the username (supplied by Asurint) into the Custom Value column.
- For each branch, find the row in which "password" appears in the Property Description column. Type the password (supplied by Asurint) into the Custom Value column.
- Click Save Settings. Repeat steps 1–4 for for each branch that needs permission to use the plugin.
Set Plugin to Test Mode or Production Mode
In the Plugin Settings area, find the Employer row, with the Property Name InTestMode. Make sure that the entry in the Custom Value column corresponds to your needs, as detailed in the table below.
True: Background check requests will be sent to the Asurint testing environment.
False: Background check requests will be sent to the Asurint production environment.
Enter Package Names and IDs
- Select the Plugin Packages tab. The Plugin Packages section will be displayed.
- Click the Package Name field and enter a Package Name.
- Click the Package ID field and enter the Package ID value (supplied by the background check provider.)
- Click Save Package. Repeat steps 1–4 for any additional packages.
Note: Saved plugin packages appear in this Plugin Packages section. They can be changed by clicking Edit.