Accrual Plans are set up in two areas of the Avionté application - Admin Tools and Main Menu. Once an Accrual Plan is created in Admin Tools, the created plan can then be applied to an Employee or Customer in the Main Menu. Before applying an Accrual Plan to an Employee or Customer, the accrual plan must be created.
Visit the Accruals Setup - Admin Tools article for complete setup details.
This article explains how to apply an existing Accrual Plan to an Employee or Customer.
If an option is not visible at Main Menu > Employee > Payroll > Accruals or Main Menu > Customer > Accrual Plan, enable the option with the use of Admin Tools - Form. Visit the Admin Tools: Form article for details about adding a menu option to the Avionté application.
Apply an Accrual Plan to an Employee Record
The Employee Main Menu features an Accrual option nested in the Payroll sub-menu. In addition to a grid displaying an employee's applied accrual plans, the page features three tabs used to manage an accrual plan for an employee - Accrual Info, Accrual History, and Note.
Accrual Info Tab
To apply an existing Accrual Plan to an employee's record:
- Open the employee's record through an Employee search. For Employee record access instructions, visit the Employee Search article.
- Click the "+" icon next to Payroll in the Employee sub-menu. The Payroll option expands to display additional options.
- Click Accrual.
- A grid displays showing any plans that are already applied to the Employee. There may be none.
- By default, the Accrual Info tab is shown, displaying fields that can be used to apply a plan to the employee's record.
- If a value is entered into the Initial Value field, that value will be re-added to the employee's accrued balance on their next anniversary. For example, if an employee begins with an initial balance of 15 hours, their account will automatically receive another 15 hours on their one-year anniversary.
The Accrual Plan is now applied to the employee's record and will transact according to the plan's configuration.
Accrual History Tab
The Accrual History tab on the right-hand side of the page displays the employee's earnings and depletions including the date of accrual payments, associated check numbers, and the amount of units paid during the transaction. Values are displayed in this area after the associated accounting period has been closed.
The Note tab on the right-hand side of the page features a free-text field designed to be used to record notes about the accrual plan. Text entered into the field is automatically saved in that space and available when the tab is opened.
Add or Subtract Accrual Units
Hours may be manually added or subtracted from an eemployee's accrual hours.
- Click the Add icon on the far right of the Accrual Plan row. An Add accrual units window displays.
- Add a value to the Unit field. A decimal point separates whole numbers from fractional values.
- Enter a regular value to the Unit field to add hours to an employee's accrual balance.
- Enter a value with a "-" sign to the Unit field to subtract hours from an employee's accrual balance.
Accruals in Employee Pay History
Accrual activity can be viewed per paycheck through the Employee's History menu option.
- Navigate to Main Menu > Employee > History > Pay History to display an Employee's paycheck activity.
- Click on a paycheck row in the upper-grid.
- Click the Accruals tab on the right-hand side of the page to view accrual history related to the selected paycheck.
Accrual Balance on an Employee Paystub
A pay stub can display the Employee’s Accruals earning and depletion. Two types of pay stubs can display Accruals information, the Avionté Standard Pay stub and the customized pay stub that has had Accruals added to it by request.
Processing an Accrual Payment
To pay an employee's accrued hours, hours are entered into a pay period with Avionté's Time Entry function.
- Create a payroll batch.
- Search for the employee's paycheck in Sheet View.
- Right-click on the transaction and select "Insert Transaction Type." A list of Transaction Types displays.
- Select a Transaction Type that was created in Accrual Plan Deplete.
- Enter a number of units to be subtracted from the employee's banked hours and added to the employee's paycheck.
- Enter the rate at which the units will be paid.
- Generate a check for the employee following the standard workflow for Time Entry and Payroll Batch processing.
The employee's Sheet View record and paycheck will reflect the paid accrual.