Before producing 1095-Cs and 1094-Cs, ensure that all of the information in the ACA Companion application is accurate.
The 1095-C and 1094-C forms are available in Greenshades. The 1095-B should come from the insurance provider or certain self-insured employers. A summary and status of the filings is available when logging into GreenshadesOnline.com or Downloadmyform.com with your login credentials.
Once the setup and any imports have been completed, you will need to generate data in the ACA Companion Application.
This video demonstrates how to generate ACA forms/reports with the ACA Companion Application.
Generate Data in ACA Companion
- In the ACA Companion application, navigate to the Report Preparation tab.
- Select the Year from the drop-down from the upper-left corner.
- Click Generate Data next to each supplier for which you need to complete reporting.
- A new window will populate with information on the Authoritative Transmittal. For more information on the information displayed here, see the Report Preparation documentation.
- Click Generate.
- A success confirmation will populate when generation is complete. Click OK.
- Errors may occur during the generation process. You can see these errors by selecting View Errors on the Report Preparation tab next to each supplier. Some of these errors are Warnings, which may be ignored at your discretion and do not stop the population of the 1095-C and 1094-C reports.
Run & Print the 1094-C and 1095-C Reports
- In the Avionte core application, navigate to Back Office > Report > Reports.
- Run the 1095 C Report and 1094 C Reports to view end-of-year reports. If there are any issues you identify, see 1095-C Troubleshooting and the Code Population Guide.
- Print the reports to distribute to employees. The 1095 C and 1094 C reports can be printed on plain 8.5x11 printer paper - no special stock is needed. If you are exporting to a vendor to print, you may do so at this time. If you are using Greenshades to print and mail your forms, see the Greenshades Guide - Year-End: 1095-C and 1094-C - Print and Mail. If you are utilizing IBF or Nelco, see Using Vendors for ACA Reporting.
- Use the 1095 C Label report to print address labels for employees receiving a 1095-C. You can print this report directly onto 5160 address label stock.
File Forms with the IRS
Based on the IRS rules, you may be able to print and mail the 1094-C and 1095-Cs to the IRS. Review IRS rules on the irs.gov website prior to mailing in forms.
Avionte utilizes an integration with Greenshades to submit federal forms electronically. You must be enrolled with Greenshades in order to complete this process successfully. Please contact your Account Executive to confirm your enrollment or initiate the process.
To generate your e-File with Greenshades, we need to pull the data from Avionte and the Companion Application into an XML file to pass to Greenshades. To produce this XML file:
- Navigate to Back Office > Weekly Process in the Avionte application.
- Click Generate Greenshades.
- In the window that populates, select the Supplier, reporting year, and Q4 ACA.
- Browse for a file path in the File Info section. This is the location where the XML file produced will save, so be sure this is a location you can access successfully.
- Click Generate XML. A confirmation box will populate confirming the successful generation of the file to the location selected.
- Click Launch Greenshades. The Greenshades Tax Filing Center will now open from within the Avionte application.
- Follow the steps outlined in the Greenshades Guide - Year-End: 1095-C and 1094-C E-File instructions.