These ACA Companion application instructions are for self-hosted customers only. For Avionté-hosted customers, there is no installation required. This article provides the steps required to download the ACA Companion Application, the necessary prerequisites for running the ACA Companion application, and information on the Logging Service.
Each time a new release of the ACA Companion application is made available, a new version must be pulled to a self-hosted customer's environment. If a new Avionté Agent ACA package is made available, the old ACA package must be removed and replaced with the updated package.
ACA Companion Application Requirements
- .NET Framework 4.6.2
- Sub-millisecond latency to the Avionté SQL Server database.
- Avionté Agent 1.2
Avionté Suite and Agent Version-Specific Requirements
|If you have Suite Version||Agent Requirements|
|Suite 16.1 and newer|
|Suite 15.2 and older||
ACA Companion Application Installation
The ACA Companion is a Windows application that does not require an installer, but does require the use of a new executable.
Though there are some differences, installation of the ACA Companion application is similar to installation of the Core application. One important difference is that, while the Core application version can be current or one version behind current, the ACA Companion application should be re-installed each time a new version of the ACA Companion application is made available. If a new Avionté Agent ACA package is made available, the old ACA package must be removed and replaced with the updated package.
- A copy of the ACA Companion application is available on a central Avionte FTP site. The username/password needed to access this content will be provided to the client by their Client Manager.
- Download the ACA Companion.zip folder to its own folder in the same parent directory that contains the Avionté Core application. Name the folder something that will let users know the folder contains the ACA Companion application.
- The user should ensure the zip file is unblocked – Windows sometimes prevents files from being used if they were downloaded. Right-click the file and click “Unblock” on the first tab. If there is no “Unblock” button, then the file is not blocked.
The connection string should match the one used by your Avionté Core application, which may be found in that application’s configuration file. The configuration file is located in the same folder as the core application EXE, and is named Avionte.Suite.Win.Application.exe.config.
Users may begin using the ACA Companion application.
ACA Companion Application Update Process
The ACA Companion application will occasionally require an update to accommodate Affordable Care Act changes as well as fixes to existing software. Before announcing that a new version is available, Avionté will make the new version available on the FTP site.
To update the ACA Companion application,
- Uninstall the ACA Agent job package
- Visit the Avionté Agent Manager article for job package uninstall instructions.
- Installation instructions are above in the ACA Companion Application Installation section.
- Visit the Avionté Agent Manager article for job package install instructions.
When downloading the ACA Companion application files, RDL files - used to generate 1094 and 1095 reports - are also available in the FTP folder.
Open the "aca-report.zip" file to install all of the ACA report-facilitating files.
The ACA Companion application is using the logging service Log4Net to produce logs. This can be configured via the ACA Companion Application config file. Documentation regarding this configuration can be found at https://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/config-examples.html
By default the log location is a user's temporary APPDATA folder.