Before an end-user is able to use the Expense Management functionality in the Avionté Talent Module, the feature must be enabled in the Manager Module.
Once the functionality has been enabled, customer accounts may be configured to allow expense reporting and approvals.
There are two sections of the Expense Management area: Global Settings and Expense Types.
Global Settings is used to configure what is available to an end-user in the Talent Module's Expense Management tool.
|Default Processing Fee||
|Talent Expense Report Acknowledge Text||Acknowledgement text shown to the talent when submitting an expense report. The talent must consent to this acknowledgement before they are able to submit the expense report.|
|Customer Expense Report Acknowledge Text||Acknowledgement text shown to the company expense report processor when approving or rejecting an expense report. The processor agrees to this acknowledgement by approving the expense report.|
The Expense Types section is used to define the types of expenses an end-user may select when submitting an expense report. Expense types such as meals, fees, and office equipment are created by admin users so end-users are able to select their expenses from a pre-populated list when submitting expense reports.
|Display Name||The name of the expense type.|
|Description||A brief description of the expense type.|
A drop-down menu of tax categories under which the expense type could be included.
Menu options include:
Yes - When selected, a processing fee will be calculated and added to the expense item to determine a total billable total. For example, a processing fee configured as Flat Fee $2.50 applied to an expense item amount of $10.00 will bring the total bill for the item to $12.50.
No - When selected, the billable amount will equal the expense item amount even if a processing fee is configured to be applied to an expense item. For instance, if a Flat Fee $2.50 is available but No is selected, for an expense item amount of $10.00 the total billable for the item will still be $10.00.
The transaction type which will be used to reimburse the talent and bill the customer in back office processing. A user may either select an existing (non-paycode) transaction type or Add a New Transaction Type using the criteria set out below.
Note: If a new transaction type is created and the expense type is deleted, the transaction type will NOT be deleted.
|Include in Gross Profit||Changes the transaction type property GPCalculation value based upon selection.|
|Available for Branches||Changes the selected branches for the associated transaction type.|
User Setup - Manager Module
At the system level, an admin user may configure default settings as well as expense types.
- Access the Manager Portal at https://companyCode.avionte.com/recruiter
- Navigate to ADMIN > Expense Management.
- If Expense management is not listed as a feature in the ADMIN section, an admin user must add permission to make the option visible by following the process outlined in the article the Admin - Permissions .
- In the Global Settings tab, configure system level expense management settings.
- In the Expense Types tab. configure expense types.
Who has permission to this section: A manager user who has been granted permission to the Expense Management section by an admin super user.
Creating New Expense Management Transaction Types
- From the Core application Start page, select the Admin Tools shortcut button to open the Admin Tools main window.
- Under Category, select System.
- Under Select, double-click Transaction Type to open the Transaction Type window.
- Select the Add New button.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the transaction. Give the new transaction type a name that reflects its use.
- In the Description field, enter a brief description of the transaction.
- The System Name field will automatically be updated to contain the name that was entered in the Name field.
- From the Type drop-down menu, choose from a list of globally consistent adjustment transaction types.
Globally Consistent Transaction Type
All transaction type property values are the same for all branches.
Adjustment Transaction Types
Transaction type with the type set to "Adjustment".
- Put a check next to each property that applies to this transaction type. See Transaction Type Properties for definitions of each property.
- From the Vertex CMP Code (Vertex Compensation code) drop-down menu, select the applicable option.
- In the W2Box field, enter the appropriate W2 form box number for this transaction if it will appear on an employee's W2.
- In the W2Label field, enter the text that will be displayed as the transaction's label on the employee's W2 form.
Note: These labels need to be entered in capital letters in order to appear on the W2 with Greenshades.
- Under Shared By, select the branches for which the expense type and transaction type are available.
- Select Save.
- From the Property tab, locate a branch from the drop down menu and select Go.
- Check the box to Apply changes to all Branches.
- Using the Name column, search for the new transaction type.
- Scroll to the GP Calculation field and apply the following setting.
True The transaction type is included in Gross Profit for all branches False The transaction type is not included in Gross Profit for all branches
Company / Customer Configuration
For any customer for which a user wants to allow expense reporting a user must complete the customer expense configuration.
How does a user get here? Sign into the desktop application (https://login.aviontego.com) and navigate to the company/customer record. From the customer sub tree, select Sales & Service. Select the Expense tab from the Sales and Service section.
Who has permission to this section? All users with permission to the Sales & Service form.
The expense settings may be configured at the department or root customer level. If a department is configured to use root customer settings, all assignments related to that department will refer to the settings stored for the root customer.
Company / Customer Expense Configuration Options
|Use root customer settings||Configure if customer users root customer settings or department settings.||This option is only available if the customer is a root customer|
|Use default processing fee||Configure if customer uses the default processing fee setup in the web application Expense Management admin section, or a processing fee defined for the customer.|
|Calculation Method||Set the calculation method of the customer specific processing fee (Percent or Flat Fee)||This option is only available when No is selected for use default processing fee.|
|Fee Amount||Set the amount used to determine the customer specific processing fee (i.e. 1.625 or 5.5).||This option is only available when No is selected for use default processing fee.|
|Allowed Expense Types||Select the expense types that a talent may choose from when creating an expense report.||This available list is all configured expense types in Recruiter Module > Admin > Expense Management > Expense Types section.|
|Allowed Expense Processors||Select the company contacts who may process (approve/reject) expense reports.||This list of contacts is all contacts with a contact role association with the customer|
When a customer is configured for expense reporting, a temporary order may have talent expense reporting enabled, and an order specific set of expense processors.
How does a user get here: Sign in to the desktop application (https://login.aviontego.com) and navigate to the order record. From the order sub tree, select Details. From the right side of the Details section, select More Info.
Who has permission to this section? All users with permission to the Order > Detail form.
Order Expense Configuration Options
|Allow talent expense processing||Select if talent assigned to order are allowed to submit expense reports|
|Company Contacts||Select the contacts which should be allowed to process (approve/reject) expense reports||This contacts list pulls from the order's customer contact list (all contacts associated to the customer via contact role)|