Standard Time Card Import
This document explains how we can use a standard AQ to create a time card spreadsheet file which can be then sent to Customers so that they can provide hours in the same format for import process. The spreadsheet can then be imported into Avionté via the Import/Export section.
Time Card Import Demonstration Video
This interactive training course contains a lesson on using the Standard Time Card Import along with a demo video.
To give access to your users so they can run the import feed, you will first need to give them access to the import:
- Open the Admin Tools > Report > Advance Query tab
- Select "Avionte Standard Time Card Import" from the list
- Check off the user/groups that should have access to it
- Click Save.
Process the Time Card Import
To import time data into Time Entry using the Standard Time Card Import,
- Navigate to the Import Export section
- Click New Batch
- From the Mapping Group drop-down menu, choose Avionte Standard Time Card Import. This selection will also default the Processing Method
- Enter a free-text description in the Description field
- Click the Browse button and select the Excel file to import.
- Select the WorkSheet you want to import from the file. The main or first sheet will be Sheet1.
Note: A run-time error will populate if the file you are importing is open on your computer. Be sure to close the file before attempting to import.
- Select the proper Accounting Period Date from the Parameter section
- Choose how you are linking to the employee by selecting a choice in the Link Identifier drop-down menu.
- If you are using ExternalID then you need to select the External ID Link parameter otherwise leave blank) and
- Click Finish. The New Batch window will close.
- Click Process Import Export Batch.
Note: The first time you attempt the import, it will error out because you need to map the transaction types.
Completing the Import Mapping
As you process more and more transactions using this import, the import will get "smarter" with each transaction that processes. The first time you process the import, you will receive errors which you can resolve in the Import Export > Validation & Error screen.
- When you receive an error pop-up asking if you'd like to view errors, choose Yes and the Validation & Error screen will open.
- Click the + sign on the far left of the errors list to expand the error details
- In the New Value column for an error, you can select the transaction type to which the system should map that value.
Note: You can also place a "1" in the column next to "Ignore from Import" to discard this line item from the import.
- Click Process Batch. You will then see all errors relating to that same transaction type disappear.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until all mapping errors are resolved.