Occasionally, Avionté clients will want to import employees, customers, and contacts into the Core application after the initial data conversion has occurred and the client is live with Avionté. In such cases, the process for Avionté Standard Conversion Imports should be followed. The three types of Avionté Standard Conversion Imports are Employee, Customer, and Contact.
Prior to attempting the conversion, data must be formatted according to the appropriate spreadsheet download template available at the bottom of this article: Employee Standard Conversion Format, Customer Standard Conversion Format, or Contact Standard Conversion Format.
In addition, users must have permission for the Avionté Standard Employee Conversion, Avionté Standard Customer Conversion, and Avionté Standard Contact Conversion imports. Access to these imports is granted in Admin Tools > Report > Advanced Query by selecting the box under IsDataFeed for each conversion.
Complete Standard Conversion Mapping
- Navigate to Admin Tools > Import Export Mapping.
- Open the Mapping Type Data tab.
- Select Avionté Standard Front Office Import from the Group Description tab.
- Create the mapping for each of the MappingTypeNames that fall under Avionté Standard Front Office Import by selecting the type name and completing the Mapping Type Data fields.
Source System Value
Terminology used in existing data
If not pre-populated, leave blank.
Select the Avionté value from the drop-down menu.
- Select Save to complete the mapping.
- Close Admin Tools.
- From the Main Menu, select Import Export.
- Select New Batch to open Import Export Batch.
- Name the batch and provide a description.
- In the File field, browse and upload the spreadsheet to be imported.
- Leave the Batch Status field at Processing.
- Select the correct worksheet from the WorkSheet drop-down menu.
- From the Mapping Group drop-down, select Avionté Standard Front Office Import.
- Select Avionté Standard Contact Conversion, Avionté Standard Customer Conversion, or Avionté Standard Employee Conversion as the Processing Method.
- Check the box indicating the Worksheet Contains Column Names in First Row.
- Select Finish to create the new import batch.
- From the ImportExport Home page, select Process Import Export Batch.
- If an error message appears, resolve the error message and select Process import Export Batch again.
- Wait for a message stating "The import batch has been processed successfully" to appear.
- Select OK to close the window.