These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by [The author] of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. [The author] bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit. QuickBooks products are geared mainly toward small and medium-sized businesses and offer on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud-based versions that accept business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions.
Intuit also offers a cloud service called QuickBooks Online (QBO). The user pays a monthly subscription fee rather than an upfront fee and accesses the software exclusively through a secure logon via a Web browser. Intuit provides patches, and regularly upgrades the software automatically, but also includes pop-up ads within the application for additional paid services. (Source: Wikipedia)
Avionté will sync all of your QuickBooks data directly to your Avionté instance, streamlining the invoicing process of temporary and permanent employees.
Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks Online are available on the Enterprise Platform.
Avionté has an integration available for use with QuickBooks Online (QBO). Unlike the desktop version, you won’t download the timesheet report to your computer and load it to QuickBooks. Instead, you’ll use the Pay and Bill Archive to upload the timesheet report directly to QBO.
Note: To complete the integration process, at a minimum, the following items must be defined in QBO beforehand (prerequisites):
- Products – These Products should map to the various Items in your Chart of Accounts that you intend to use
- Customers – Configure a Customer in QBO for each Company to whom you intend to send invoices
- Payment Terms – Configure in QBO Terms to match those in the Terms list
Connecting your QBO account to AviontéBOLD (Initial Setup)
To connect your QBO account with Avionté, follow these steps:
1. Within AviontéBOLD, go to the Marketplace. It is on the main menu (with your avatar), or you can get there via Utilities > search for "market".
2. In the Marketplace search for "quick". The QuickBooks integration should appear.
3. Click Details and the QuickBooks Setup and Editing screen will appear.
4. To sync the integration, click Connect to QuickBooks Online. The Intuit sign-in screen will appear. Sign in with your Intuit account.
7. Once Avionté is connected with QuickBooks Online, return to AviontéBOLD and reopen the Setup and Editing screen. Expand the Offices view. Here the offices you have set up in QBO should be displayed.
This will list your offices. Every office that is created in BOLD System Settings can have a Quickbooks Name.
8. Offices can be Edited in order to match the name in QBO. This allows a user to know where each invoice is associated with which office when exported to QBO.
Note: Users will need to enable "Track Classes: Assign Classes - One to Each Row in Transaction" within the QBO Account and Settings > Advanced.
9. Next, you will need to use the Sync buttons to associate each Chart of Accounts And Items with the Products you’ve defined in QuickBooks Online.
Clicking Edit allows you to change the Tax Code options - Tax, NON-Taxed, or Custom Sales tax.
In the Staffing Services section, the different employment types are listed: W2, 1099, and Corp-To-Corp. The Tax Code on these can also be set.
In the Payment Terms section, terms of net payments can be set: Due on Receipt, etc. Ensure that your "Online" net terms match those set in Avionté, or are set just above those values. Choosing "None" will prevent those terms from flowing between the systems.
Each of these needs to be synced with the corresponding entries in QuickBooks. Consult with your accountant and back office managers to ensure this is correct.
Note: If you need assistance with your QuickBooks setup, you will need to reach out to QuickBooks support: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/
10. In the same fashion that you used to sync your Avionté Items with QBO Products, sync each of your Companies in Avionté with a Customer profile in QBO. Do this by selecting the desired Client in Avionté in the drop-down list, then click the button next to "QBO Sync." Avionté will communicate with QBO to find likely matches. Select the correct client from QBO, then click on the Set button to create the association, if one does not already exist.
Note: The Finance Admin permission is required to activate this syncing.
Exporting to QBO from the Pay and Bill Archive
Once the QBO is configured - the next time that the Pay and Bill Report has been processed, the Pay and Bill Archive will have a link to electronically send the report to your QBO account. (Pay and Bill Archive is part of the Back Office module.)
Pay and Bill Reports that have previously been sent to QBO will have a date and time stamp as well as the name of the User who sent it. Select a Date Range, click Bill, and click Search.
If QBO can’t validate something, Avionté will continue to process and send the timesheets that QBO can validate. Once completed, Avionté will provide feedback to help you correct the required info that QBO couldn’t validate.
If you experience errors when trying to export to QBO related to "valid tax code," this may help explain:
This often happens either due to rounding being different in Quickbooks or what is being sent to Quickbooks; the other possibility is adjusting the rate and information.
Verify that if you have boxes that say "none" for the tax code even if the item was none - switch these to NON. Return to the Pay/Bill archive screen and try sending again.
If users come across this error when attempting to run QBO...
It means that one of their payment terms are not set up from Avionté Marketplace.
For example, if the above job was referencing Net 7 Payment Terms and QBO Net 7 Terms were not synced, then this error will occur.