In the event of an audit by USCIS, staffing and recruiting agencies will need to provide all completed I-9 documents for all employees who worked in a specific timeframe. If you are using Avionté's integration with Adobe Sign in AviontéBOLD to send, sign, and collect e-signature documents for employees, Avionté's Adobe Sign Document Audit export tool to easily export documents completed within a specific date range. The application will gather all use instances of that document and organize an audit report in Adobe PDF.
Use the links below to jump to a specific section of this article:
Enabling Audit Permissions
Before users can run the Adobe Sign Document Audit, they will need permission to run this export. To grant permission to users or user groups to perform this action, you will need to select the E-Signature Document Audit permission from the user or group's permissions list. To give permission for a user to run the document audit:
- Open the Account & Settings menu and select User Accounts
- Click Edit Access next to the corresponding user's name.
- Check the box for E-Signature Document Audit in the Export Reports section
- Click Save
Running the Document Audit Export
To run the Adobe Sign Document Audit:
- Open Analyze from the main menu
- In the Reports list, search for "Adobe" to filter the list.
- Click Adobe Document Document Audit
- Select the Start and End Dates from the corresponding drop-down calendars. The export will pull all documents that moved to a Completed status between these two dates. These dates should reflect the dates requested on the Notice of Inspection from the USCIS.
- Select a document type from the Completed Document drop-down. Once selected, the document name will appear to the right of the drop-down. Users can select more than one document type to include in a single audit. Repeat this step for all document types that should be included.
- Click Submit to process the audit export. When documents are selected and Submit is clicked, every instance of those document type is retrieved. In some cases, there may be thousands which is why a confirmation window will display an estimated time to retrieve all of the selected documents.
- Click Export to process the audit. When the process is complete, an email will be sent to the admin with a link and a password. Follow the instructions in the email to retrieve the audit report.
Export already processing
The Avionté system can only run one document export at a time. Therefore, if another export is still processing, an error message will appear in the E-Signature Document Audit screen when it is first opened by a user. Click Close to acknowledge the error and close out the pop-up. The Submit button on the E-Signature Document Audit screen will be disabled until the other active import completes.
Export too large
If the document export locates more than 5,000 documents in the audit request, an error message will appear stating that the export is to large. If you receive this message, you will need to alter your dates or include fewer document types to create a list of documents that contains 5,000 or less.
Completed Audit Reports
After the export is completed, admin users will receive an email confirming the completion of the export. Completed audit reports are available as a .zip file and will display in the Active Reports section of the Adobe Sign Document Audit screen. Each export will automatically be deleted after ten days.