The Avionté integration with Adobe Sign enables users to handle all onboarding paperwork.
As both an Avionté and Adobe client you can benefit from the following:
- Seamless integration with document management, making it easy to send and receive documents from employees without leaving Avionté
- Email notifications for each action taken, i.e. when the document was received, viewed, and signed.
- Auto-fill information, directly from Avionté into your documents, or pull important information from the documents, directly into Avionté!
As a pre-requisite to this article, be sure the Adobe Sign integration has been configured. Click here to read more about this process.
Available Standard Templates
Before users can send e-signature documents to talent, document templates need to be built and created in Adobe Sign. Before you begin creating your documents from scratch, please note that Avionté offers pre-made templates for the below following documents.
If you would like to have any of these standards activated for your environment, please submit a support ticket that includes the name of the documents you would like to have enabled.
We have also provided you access to the PDF version of these templates if you would prefer to manage your own template library. These can simply be downloaded from this article and used to create a new Adobe Sign template in your library automatically applying all of the mappings we recommend.
|File||Document Name||Last Updated Date||Prior Version Name||Date to Deprecate|
|Form I-9||Form I-9 (Rev. 10/21/2019)||3/30/2020||Form I-9 (rev. 07/17/2017)||Pending|
|Form I-9 with preparer||Form I-9 with Preparer (Rev. 10/21/2019)||3/30/2020||Form I-9 with preparer (rev. 07/17/2017)||Pending|
|Federal W4||Federal W4 (2020)||3/31/2020||Federal W4 (2019) & Federal W4 (2018)||Pending|
|Federal W4 in Spanish||Federal W4-SP (2020)||3/31/2020|
|Alabama W4||AL-A4 (Rev. 3.14)|
|Arizona W4||AZ A-4 (2020)||3/25/2020||AZ W4 (rev. 1/1/2019)||Pending|
|California W4||CA DE-4 (Rev. 2.20)||3/26/2020|
|District of Columbia W4||DC D-4 (Rev. 12.10)||Pending|
|Delaware W4||DE-W4 (rev. 12.19)||3/26/2020|
|Hawaii W4||HI HW-4 (Rev. 2019)||3/30/2020|
|Illinois W4||IL W-4 (Rev. 12.19)||3/26/2020||IL W4 (Rev. 08/17)||Pending|
|Iowa W4||IA W-4 (Rev. 11.19)||3/26/2020||IA W-4||Pending|
|Idaho W4||ID W-4 (Rev. 12/19)||3/27/2020|
|Kansas W4||KS K-4 (Rev. 11/18)||10/22/2019|
|Kentucky W4||KY W4 (Rev. 2018)||11/12/2018|
|Louisiana W4||LA L-4 (Rev. 4.11)||4/2/2020|
|Maine W4||ME W-4 (Rev. 12.20)||1/6/2021|
|Maryland W4||MD-MW507 (2020)||3/31/2020|
|Massachusetts W4||MA M-4 (Rev. 11.19)||4/2/2020|
|Michigan W4||MI-W4 (Rev. 11.19)||3/26/2020|
|Minnesota W4||W-4MN (2020)||3/26/2020||W-4MN||Pending|
|Montana W4||MT MW-4 (2020)||4/2/2020|
|Nebraska W4||NE W-4N (Rev. 11.19)||3/26/2020|
|New Jersey W4||NJ-W4 (Rev. 7.18)||4/3/2020|
|New York W4||NY IT-2104 (2020)||Pending|
|North Carolina W4||NC-4 (Rev. 11.19)||11/12/2019|
|North Carolina W4 EZ||NC-4EZ (Rev. 11/19)||3/30/2020|
|Ohio W4||OH W4 (Rev. 5/07)||9/25/2018|
|Oklahoma W4||OK-W-4 (Rev. 3.18)||3/26/2020|
|Oregon W4||OR W-4 (Rev. 11.19)||3/24/2020|
|Rhode Island W4||RI W-4 (2020)|
|Vermont W4||VT W-4 (Rev. 12.18)||3/26/2020|
|Wisconsin W4||WI WT-4 (Rev. 10.19)||3/26/2020|
Creating New E-Signature Document Templates
To create a new template for collecting e-signatures, follow the instructions below:
- Templates for e-signature documents need to begin from an existing document, which you will upload to Adobe Sign. Create a document you want to base your template on in Microsoft Word, Pages, or any other document creation software that allows you to save the document as a PDF. You will then upload this document to Adobe. To review the acceptable file specifications for Adobe, click here.
- Open your Adobe Sign account. The easiest way to access your account is through Avionté
- Once Adobe Sign opens, you may be prompted to sign into your account. Sign in using the credentials provided during your integration setup with your Account Manager.
- In the Adobe Home screen, click Add Template to Library.
- Enter a Template Name. This is a free-text field and will set the title of the document. This title will be visible to internal users and your talent when you send the document via Avionté Talent Tasks.
- Upload the document you created that will be the basis of your new e-signature document. Locate the document you created and drag and drop it into the Drag & Drop Files Here area or click Add Files to browse your computer for the file.
- Once the document is uploaded, click Preview & Add Fields. You will now see a preview of your uploaded document.
- Now you will drag and drop Adobe's fields onto our document in the appropriate locations. You can use an Adobe field wherever you would like to add dynamic content or have talent complete information (example: provide their address, check a box, sign the document, etc.)
To learn more about the fields available in Adobe Sign, check out Adobe's Help article on Adding Form Fields.
- Map the necessary fields from Adobe to Avionté. See the Mapping Fields in Adobe Sign section below for instructions.
- Once the document is complete, click Save. The template will now be available in your Adobe Library in Avionté.
Mapping Fields in Adobe Sign Documents to Avionté
When a form is pulled into an Adobe Sign account, its fields do not yet communicate with Avionté. In order to get information to flow from Avionté into the document or vice versa, you need to complete some document mapping.
Field Mapping Types
When mapping fields in an e-signature document to Avionté, users can configure the data to map in one of three different ways. You can pull data into the form from Avionté if it's available, have information from the document write into Avionté, or have data go in both directions. Avionté refers to these options as Read, Write or Edit between the document and Avionté:
|Read||The user is unable to edit the document field. The document will read data that exists in the Avionté application and automatically populate the data into the document field.|
|Write||The user is able to edit the document field. Data written into the document field by the user will be sent to the Avionté application.|
|Edit||The user is able to edit the document field. The document will read data that exists in the Avionté application and automatically populate the data into the document field, however, the user is able to change the data in the document field. If the user edits the field, the new data will flow back into the application.|
Instructions for Field Mapping
To connect a field in an e-signature document with Avionté, follow the instructions below:
- Right-click on a field in the document within Adobe.
- Click the pencil icon next to the field title (Example: "Custom Field 1")
- Change the name of the field to the appropriate mapping phrase from the Mapping Key below.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The field name needs to appear exactly as it does in the Mapping Key, including the case and spaces, so best practice is to copy/paste from the key provided below.
- Click OK. Repeat steps 1-4 for all necessary fields in the document.
- Save the document. Now your template is ready for use in Avionté
Field Mapping Key
The fields that are available to map to Adobe Sign document templates vary among Avionté's product generations (BOLD, AERO, etc.) Below are links to Mapping Keys for each of Avionté's product generations. Click on the generation you are using to view the field mappings available:
Check out a presentation about Adobe Sign from our annual user conference, CONNECT: