After generating your T4 and T4As, you have some questions after your reviewing your reports. This article aims to answer some common questions or troubleshoot common issues.
My T4 is populating with a $0.00 amount for Quebec.
There is a supplier property called T4_ExcludeQuebecChecks that is likely set to True in this scenario. To change this:
- Navigate to Admin Tools > Employer > Detail tab
- Filter the Properties section to "T4"
- Locate the property "T4_ExcludeQuebecChecks"
- Set the value to False
- Click Save.
- Regenerate your T4 data via the T4 Data AQ. Quebec check amounts should now populate on the T4.
I need to enter information into the Miscellaneous Boxes on the T4.
You can use overrides in Employee > Extra to manually change boxes on the T4. To configure as use this override option, see the instructions below:
- Navigate to Admin Tools > Config Choice to add a new Employee > Extra label.
- Change the System Name of the new Config Choice code in the Admin Tools > Config Choice > Choice Property tab. The System Name of this label needs to be in the format of YYYYBox#. For example, if you want to manipulate Box 77 on your 2019 T4s, the System Name should be set to 2019Box77.
- Open the employee record of the employee who requires the override.
- Navigate to the employee's Extra sub-menu.
- Choose your new config choice label from the Label drop-down
- Set the Value to the amount that should populate in that box on the T4
- Tab off to save
- Regenerate your T4 data via the T4 Data AQ. The values from Employee > Extra will now display on the T4.