The 2020 W-4 comes with many changes that require new setup in Avionté. As of 1/1/20, Avionté will look to the tax setup for employees in the 2020 Tax Set Up tab in Employee > Payroll > Tax first before looking to the Tax Set Up tab, which will house information configured from pre-2020 W-4s. In order to adopt the new 2020 W-4, you will need to activate the e-signature document (if using electronic W-4s) and follow a new process for entering employee tax setup in the Employee > Payroll > Tax section.
Activate the 2020 W-4 E-Signature Document
You will need to begin using the 2020 W-4 as of 1/1/20. Avionté offers the electronic W-4 as a standard eDocument and Adobe Sign template (currently in progress). Follow the instructions below:
Activate Adobe Template in AviontéBOLD
- Navigate to Utilities > Onboarding Tasks
- Expand the E-Signature Templates section
- Click on the name of the template in the list to configure the document.
- Ensure the Template Type is set to Federal W-4
- Make any other necessary set-up changes such as group permissions. For more information on this configuration, see the Talent Onboarding - Admin Actions article.
- Click Save
- In the templates list, switch the template named "Federal W-4 (2020)" to On
Note: If you need the Spanish 2020 W-4 template, please request this via a ticket request in our Support Center.
To have employees complete the new 2020 W-4, you will send the 2020 W-4 as a Talent Task, as normal. Once the employee completes the 2020 W-4 e-signature document, the employee's selections will automatically be entered and saved into the new 2020 Tax Set Up tab in Employee > Payroll > Tax (in AviontéCLASSIC).
Further information on the 2020 W-4 and tax setup in other Avionté applications can be found here: