[NEW] Requirements Group: Phase 1
There is no admin setup required to begin using this feature.
Creating Requirements Groups:
Navigate to a Company that you want to set a new Requirement Group up for. Access the new tab called “Requirements” and select “Create New Requirements Group.”
Here you will be able to name a requirements group. (Remember to use a name that Recruiters will understand and know to select when creating a new Job.) You can select all of the requirements necessary at the time of creating a placement.
If there are any requirements already checked off, with a check-mark that cannot be edited, these are the New Filled Job Requirements setup at the system level. These Requirements Groups (setup on Companies) cannot be less strict than those setup at the system level.
[ENHANCEMENT] Record Merging Enhancements - Front Office Only
- The record merging functionality has been enhanced to support merging records that have user profiles created. This means that for Contacts and Talent who have placements, timesheets, and accounts, we support merging these records.
- These merge actions can be taken when you are on search screens or from within the Company Profile > Contacts tab. Select the records you would like merged and choose the merge action to take (Merge Talent, e.g.).
- This feature works if you are using only front office AviontéBOLD. This means that if you are using the fully integrated AviontéBOLD (i.e., processing payroll and invoices within BOLD) you do not have this functionally yet. At this time merging records still requires a support ticket if you are processing payroll and generating invoices via the Back Office.
[ENHANCEMENT] EEO Collection Enhancements
EEO Forms have been updated and are flowing through to back office to ensure reporting is accessible via the Analyze Module, as well as the Back Office Reports area in BOLD.
- The EEO forms captured via Applications, Onboarding and/or the EEO section within the Connect Module will populate the EEO fields within the Talent > Tax area.
- If you have permission, you can view the necessary EEO data and add this information in the event it wasn’t provided.
- The data in the Talent > Tax area will flow into the back office EEO area.
- Reports regarding EEO can be run in Analyze or Back Office.
- The EEO selections have been updated to reflect the new EEOC suggestions.
- This includes a "Non Binary" option within the gender drop down.
- Knowledge base article link: EEO collection
BOLD has the ability to collect EEO information in a few ways, giving you the flexibility to capture this necessary data at the right point and time in the process.
- As a part of our web and general applications, you can choose to add the EEO section to ensure this data is captured at the time of application.
- Within the Onboarding Solution, EEO is a task option that can be requested individually or as a part of an Onboarding Packet.
- Individually from the Talent > EEO area, you can also submit a request to Talent to request the completion of an EEO form.
- When collecting EEO data there are two form options. One includes the veteran and disability questions, and the other does not.
Once a Talent completes an EEO form, the data will populate into the Talent > Tax area, where the EEO fields are located. Only users who have been provided with payroll tax admin access will have the ability to see values entered in this area, and this area provides them with the ability to manage EEO data to ensure proper EEO reporting.
AviontéBOLD Front Office Only clients:
EEO reporting will be collected via the Analyze Module > “Equal Employment Opportunity” report.
AviontéBOLD fully integrated clients:
EEO reporting can be collected via the Analyze Module > “Equal Employment Opportunity” report, as well as the “Federal EEO Report” located in Back Office > Reports.
[ENHANCEMENT] Placement Status: Placed Permanently
We have developed a new placement status tag. This will provide an easier way to view and search for Talent who were placed permanently.
- A Placement Status tag called “Placed Permanently” was added to the widget visible on the Talent record.
- A Placement Status tag called “Placed Permanently” was added to the Talent Terms Placement Status search function.
- The tag “Placed Permanently” can be edited in the Talent Editor > Placement Status area as well.
You will also be able to personalize this verbiage (“Placed Permanently”) within the table editor.
Knowledge base article link: Placement Status
[NEW] New Filled Job Requirements: E-Verify
- This feature provides you with the ability to complete E-Verify in whatever way necessary, while providing a New Filled Job Requirement that ensures E-Verify is complete at the time of placement.
- In the Talent > Tax area there are new fields, for E-Verify Completion Date, E-Verify Case number, and E-Verify Not Required. If you are using the Adobe Sign I-9 and E-Verify integration, these fields will populate automatically. The E-Verify new filled job requirement will look at the E-Verify completion date for indication of completion, unless the E-Verify Not Required box is checked.
- Related knowledge base article link: Requiring E-Verify at the time of Placement
[ENHANCEMENT] UI Consistency: Activity Icons
- Updates were made to the activities icons, accessible via Company activities, to ensure consistency with the options on Talent and Contacts.
[ENHANCEMENT] Reference Tab: @ mentions
- Updates were made to the @ mention functionality within the Reference Tab to ensure consistency with other areas of the product.
[ENHANCEMENT] Audit log enhancements (CORP Clients only)
- The audit log accessible from the Job Details or the Talent Manager functions has been updated to ensure consistency between the two areas.
[ENHANCEMENT] Echo updates to support Zoominfo
[ENHANCEMENT] Branch/Office selection via Application Workflows
- This ensures all Talent being entered into the system is associated to a specific branch when going through a generic application process (i.e., not applying for a specific Job)
- This is a feature that can be turned on or off when configuring a General Apply.
- Knowledge base article link: Careers Page Editor / General Applications (General Apply) section.
A separate KB article for this feature is in progress.
Background information: When an applicant applies to a job, the job application is automatically associated to a talent. For general applications, no branch was being set. So new users in the system weren't being tied to any particular office.
A home office will be associated with each job. When new applicant profiles are created, they will be associated to that office. During a general application, the applicant can specify the office they want their jobs to be associated with.
- When you choose to collect Office information during a General Apply, and have the System Access "Display Profile Office" turned on, the Office selected by the Talent becomes their default Home Office.
- This will only be the case if the profile is a new profile, or if no Home Office was previously selected on the profile. If there was a Home Office which was different than the one the Talent chose, we will not update the Home Office on the profile.
[ENHANCEMENT] Talent's access to paystubs via the Talent Experience
- This provides Talent the ability to view and access their past paycheck data, as well as view their pay stubs. This also gives Talent the ability to access data on their own at the time they would like, without relying on the receipt of an email to collect their paystub.
- Knowledge base article link: Talent Experience: Paychecks
[ENHANCEMENT] Adobe Sign W4 Mappings
- There were updates and additions needed to support all state W4’s within the Avionté BOLD platform, including changes that were needed specifically for 2020 W4 forms. The updates included in this release will ensure we can continue to build out and provide standard state W4's for you using Adobe Sign, whether you are on AERO or on BOLD.
- After releasing the updated W4 functionality, there were some mappings which were not working. This fix will address the state mappings and allow you to use the Adobe Sign integration.
- This fix is to update, correct and add W4 mappings for both BOLD and AERO where appropriate. This does not include the templates themselves.
Knowledge base article link: Adobe Sign Mapping: AviontéBOLD
[ENHANCEMENT] Adobe Sign Mappings (General)
- We have made additional mappings available from the heritage COMPAS Echo Sign integration, and the AERO Adobe Sign integration is available via the AviontéBOLD Adobe Sign integration.
- All mappings created continue to follow the previously established formatting of the Echo Sign integration, as well as the AERO integration, to ensure a seamless transition for those who want to use the new AviontéBOLD Adobe Sign integration.
- Knowledge base article link: Adobe Sign Mapping: AviontéBOLD
- This integration is available in production today.
- For more information, see the Sense landing page (preview)
- Release date: March 13.
- The Same I-9 + eVerify integration is present, that was there with AERO.
- This feature is in beta; please be patient if it does not work exactly as expected.
[PARTNERSHIP] Asurint and Choice Screening Enhancements
- When clicking "Create [Provider Name] Background Check", we are now incorporating data validation that displays a message if the talent doesn't have a Home Office (in addition to the other required fields). For situations like this, the recruiter should not be able to fill/send a background check.
- We also made some changes to the labels to make it simpler to understand the status of the background checks:
- The "Needs review" label was changed to "In progress"
- The "No status" label was changed to "N/A". When the status is received it should show the correct one.
[ENHANCEMENT] Audit log enhancements (CORP Clients Only)
- The audit log, accessible from the Job Details or the Talent Manager functions, has been updated to ensure consistency between the two areas.