As host you have scheduled your meeting and sent the invitation or started a meeting on-the-fly and provided the meeting link to attendees. Now it is time to host your meeting.
- A few minutes before the meeting is scheduled to begin, click the meeting link to start your meeting. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Select Test Speaker and Microphone.
- Select Join with Computer Audio. If you or your attendees are experiencing bandwidth issues you may need to dial in to the meeting.
Note: If you selected Enable join before host when creating your meeting your attendees may have joined and started the meeting without you.
- Click Manage Participants to Mute participants on entry, Allow participants to unmute…, Put attendee in waiting room…, etc. Meetings can also be set to automatically add all attendees or all guest attendees to the waiting room.
In the participant panel admit individuals or admit all attendees at once.
- Turn on your Microphone and/or Video icons in the lower left. As host you can mute and unmute individuals in the participant panel.
- To change your display name, hover over your image block and click the three dots (…) in the upper right. Note that your name is visible to all attendees.
- Select Record if desired. Meetings can also be set to automatically start recording.
- Share your screen with your attendees by loading your presentation or video (preferably on your second monitor). Click the Share Screen icon and select which screen to share from the pop-up window.
- Use the available tools from the presenter’s menu as needed.
Additional functions are available under More…
- Stop sharing by selecting Stop Share from the presenter’s menu at the top of your shared screen.
Best practice: Create and save a meeting template with polls, customized waiting room, add attendees to waiting room, mute attendees on entry, automatically start recording, etc. Use this template when scheduling future meetings.
Interacting with Attendees
- Participants: Explain how you would like your attendees to use the participate panel.
- Chat: Select how you wish to use chat during your meeting.
- Reactions: Use the Reactions icon to give a virtual thumbs up or applause.
- Polls: Click Polls to launch a poll. Polls can be created and saved prior to your meeting or on-the-fly. Select your poll from the list and click Launch Polling.
Click End Polling when finished. Click Share Results to share with your participants.
- Templates: Create and save a meeting template with polls, customized waiting room, etc. Use this template when scheduling future meetings.
- End the Meeting: Click the End Meeting button in the lower right. The Zoom window will close.
- Run Reports: Registration Report and Poll Report can be generated within your Zoom account.
- Share Recording: Locate the meeting recording in your Zoom account and click Share. Click Copy to Clipboard and paste information into an email. Send to registrants using the email addresses from the Registration Report.