This article is designed to show you how to enter in 1095-C overrides for individual talents.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Generate a 1095-C from the ‘Report Preparation’ tab for the current year by clicking on ‘Generate data’. After it has been completed it should display like the highlighted row below.
- Navigate to the ‘Employee plan details’ and search for the employee that you would like to add in an override.
- Click on ‘Manage 1095-C overrides’ link at the top
- Ensure that you have the correct supplier and year selected.
- From here you can select Line 14 and 16 from the drop downs. Line 15 is designed to take money values and has validation to ensure a proper value is entered in.
To leave a month blank you can select ‘NA’ in the line 16 drop down or you can leave all 3 fields blank.
Please note: If you enter in a code or dollar amount for a month in the overrides, it will carry forward for ALL months, unless you enter in another override value on a month.
For example, if you enter in 2D for Line 16 in February, it will carry 2D for all months including February and after. If you didn't want 2D to continue all year, then you would need to enter in another value for the following months.
- After making your adjustments, click on the ‘Save 1095-C Overrides’ button to save your changes.
- If you make adjustments that are not correct, and would like to revert your changes for this specific session, you can click the ‘Clear Changes’ button and anything changed will revert back to their original values.
Note: If you leave this screen and come back, the ‘Clear Changes’ button will not work.
- If you need to make additional adjustments after saving your 1095-C overrides, you can click the ‘1095-C Overrides’ tab or the ‘Manage 1095-C Overrides’ link.
- With the enhancement to the ACA Companion Application the old method of using the employee’s ‘Extra Fields’ will no longer work. To make any overrides in the future you will need to use the companion app.
Mass Part II Override Process:
- Generate and review your 1095-C forms
- Run the "Get Employee 1095-C Info AQ" (See ACA Reports)
- Export the spreadsheet to Excel
- In the spreadsheet, modify any of the part 2 columns
- For example, if an employee has 1H in January Line 14 code, modify that in the spreadsheet to be 1A
- Save the modified spreadsheet with the new codes you would like
- Create an import/export batch, select the 1095-C overrides import
- Browse to your modified spreadsheet
- Select the Year and employer
- Process the batch