🚀 What's New
Release Date: 9/14/2023
1. Avionté Classic's PFML Export feature has been improved to accommodate the reinstatement of the WA Cares Act.
- Improvement: Avionté Classic's PFML Export feature has been improved to accommodate the reinstatement of the WA Cares Act, merging reporting for Washington Paid Family Medical Leave [PFML] and Washington Cares Act into a single file, effective Quarter 3, 2023, rendering the previous Washington Paid Family & Medical Leave Wage Report obsolete after Quarter 2, 2023.
- Why? WA Cares Act will be reinstated on 7/1/2023 and the reporting to the state will be combined with the reporting for WA Paid Family Medical Leave [PFML]. Rather than having two separate reports, the state created a new report and is combining PFML and WA Cares Act into one file.
- How does this impact you? With this enhancement, starting Quarter 3, 2023, the new Washington Paid Family & Medical Leave and Cares Act Wage Report to accommodate the combining of Washington Paid Family Medical Leave and Washington Cares Act. Therefore, the Washington Paid Family & Medical Leave Wage Report will no longer be available after Quarter 2, 2023.
- Link to full KB article: Washington Paid Family Leave Export
2. Employee has an inactive mandatory tax to include State Taxes
- Why? To aid the payroll admin to be notified when the state tax is inactive so that can be made before the employee is paid.
- How does this impact you? With this enhancement, the inactive mandatory tax has been enhanced so that notifications only occur for those states that require State Tax and will not occur for those States that do not calculate State Tax.
For Example, Florida, Texas, etc. are states that do not levy a payroll tax.
- Link to full KB article: DRMs Payroll
3. Inactive Plan Administration to purge the Accrual balances of inactive employees
- Why? When a user wanted to clear a singular accrual balance out for multiple employees, they were required to enter a ticket with the Technical Services team to administer this purge.
- How does this impact you? With this enhancement, there is now a new Inactive Plan Administration module available.
This new Inactive Plan Administration on a singular accrual plan will:
- Allow a user to determine and enter the applicable date parameter
- The system will load the inactive employees to a grid, that have a remaining balance, that are within the date parameter specified
- Users will be able to deselect/select the employees they have determined to purge [it is the employer's responsibility to ensure and manage their employee's balances and determine which employees' data is purged]
- The user will process the Accrual purge
- The system will make the employees' Accrual inactive
- The system will update the Accrual Purge History
- The system will audit the Purge in the Employee Log
4. Standard AQ | Processed Transaction Summary | Select All option for Branch Value
- Why? Using the All functionality did not allow the user to deselect a single branch from the All list. If the User only wanted to select a few branches, the user had to select the branches one by one.
- How does this impact you? With this enhancement, for the Standard AQ – Processed Transaction Summary, the user can select all and deselect branches not required, or deselect all, and select only the branches required.
5. Time Entry | Create Billing Transaction | Minimize the confirming pop-up messages
- Why? There was duplication in confirming the process. With this enhancement, it will reduce the number of notifications required to complete the create billing transaction process.
- How does this impact you? With this enhancement, it will reduce the number of notifications required to complete the create billing transaction process.
6. Compliance | GREENSHADES | XML Update - Kentucky Surcharge RATE
- Why? Greenshades requires a change to the XML that is specific to Kentucky SUI. This is required for the Q3 filings.
- How does this impact you? The following is an example of the fields added to the Geenshades XML for Kentucky Surcharge:
<IsKYSCUFRateExcludedFromSutaRate Value="TRUE"/> [updated 9/28/2023]
7. Updates to Stored Procedure pay_ProcessPayrollCheckDeductions
- Why? Larger Enterprise customers were experiencing timeout issues when processing payroll.
- How does this impact you? With the update to the stored procedure pay_ProcessPayrollCheckDeductions, there will be fewer timeout issues experienced.
8. Employee | Payroll | Tax - Canadian Default Taxes to be more intuitively determined
- Why? When using the Default Taxes button for a Canadian employee under Employee > Payroll > Tax > Tax Setup, non-applicable Quebec and Health Taxes were displaying (but not impacting tax calculations).
- How does this impact you? With this enhancement, when using the Default Taxes button for a Canadian employee under Employee > Payroll > Tax > Tax Setup, only applicable taxes based on the employee’s province of Employment will be created.
Release date: 9/28/2023
1. The Sales Tax under Admin Tools has been updated to discontinue the ability to delete a sales tax that is associated with processed transactions.
- Why? Prior to this improvement, a user could delete an active Sales Tax which would cause issues on invoices and invoice corrections.
- How does this impact you? When deleting a Sales Tax under Admin Tools (via a right-click in the Sales Tax Rate area of the System | Config Sales Tax | Sales Tax tab screen), the user will experience a notification to ensure the user wants to proceed with deleting a Sales Tax, and in the circumstances of a Sales Tax that is associated with processed transactions, they will experience a notification that will not allow them to delete that Sales Tax.
- Link to related KB articles: Admin Tools: Sales Tax
Right-click > Delete Sales Tax Rate:
"Are you sure" notification:
2. Contact Address logic has been improved to automatically update if the linked Customer Address has been updated and the user indicates to reflect the change in all the Address(es) using the same information.
- Improvement: The user can verify if a contact is linked to a Company address by confirming the Address Source under Contact > Address > Address Source = Company.
- Why? Prior to this enhancement, it was not clear if the Contact Address was linked to the Company Address, even if the addresses were the same.
- How does this impact you? Altering the Contact Address can cause it not to be linked to the Company Address. The user can now verify if the Address Source is equal to the Company. If it is not, the user has the ability to relink the address source back to the company.
- Link to related KB article: Contact Address
Contact Address - Address Source = Contact
Contact Address - Address Source = Customer
Prompt when changing the address in the Contact screen:
If No Create New is clicked, an "Are you sure" message displays:
Contact Address with two address sources:
3. Standard GL Enhanced with the ability to see AR payments by bank level
- Improvement: Standard GL has been updated with the ability to see the Accounts Receivable payments by bank level.
- Why? Prior to this enhancement, a request to the Technical Services team was needed to accomplish this task.
- How does this impact you? The Description column for AR will now reflect the Bank.
GL Account Option - AR Payments Received - Group Option BankName
GL Feed Form - Journal Entry - Description
4. Standard GL Enhanced with Multiple Date Identifiers
- Improvement: Standard GL has been updated with Accounting Period, Check, Invoice, and AR Date identifiers.
- Why? Prior to this improvement, a request to the Technical Services team was needed to accomplish this task.
- How does this impact you? Under Weekly Process > GL > GL Action, the new Date Identifiers will allow the user to identify the GL by the required date.
GL Account Setup with different DateTypes:
5. The Monthly Statement Letter Agent job has been updated to run hourly
- Why? Prior to this improvement, the Monthly Statement Letter Agent Job was running nightly, which was infrequently resulting in some of the intended monthly emails for statement letters not always being sent.
- How does this impact you? It may result in the Monthly Statement Letters being sent throughout the day rather than all at once if there are large batches processed.
6. Standard AQ | Search Parameters - Ability to save configured parameters
- Improvement: Report AQ has been updated to retain the user's search configurations
- Why? Prior to this improvement, the search configuration would not be retained if the user navigated away from the screen.
7. The accrual plan processing method of pay_ProcessPayrollCheckAccrual_SickLeave_IncludeCarryover has been updated to no longer have a city name restriction
- Why? Prior to this improvement, there was a city name restriction of Los Angeles in the processing method of pay_ProcessPayrollCheckAccrual_SickLeave_IncludeCarryover, which wouldn't allow the configured plan to be applied to employees who fall in the greater area of Los Angeles.
- How does this impact you? This will allow the user to manually allocate the Accrual Plan, configured with the processing method of pay_ProcessPayrollCheckAccrual_SickLeave_IncludeCarryover, to an employee. (This plan will not be automatically applied.)
- Link to related KB article: Sick Leave (Accrual) Overview
LA Sick Leave Accrual Plan with pay_ProcessPayrollCheckAccrual_SickLeave_IncludeCarryover Processing Method
8. Accruals | Inactivating Texas Sick Leave Accrual Plans
- Change: Inactivating Texas Sick Leave Plans for Austin, Dallas and San Antonio.
- Why? Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio Sick Leave plans are no longer in effect as of 9/1/2023.
- How does this impact you? Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio Sick Leave plans have been made inactive with an end date of 9/1/2023. They will no longer be available in the application.
- Link to related KB article: Sick Leave (Accrual) Overview