The following are Avionté's recommendations for correcting data and producing proper ACA reporting. Consult legal counsel, your broker, a tax professional or contact the IRS directly for questions regarding insurance offerings or ACA compliance.
Helpful related articles
- Greenshades 1095-C and 1094-C Filing Instructions
Greenshades E-Filing Submissions - Submission Statuses
Greenshades E-Filing Submissions - Common Errors and Corrections
- IRS ACA Resources
Submissions that have a status of "Rejected" mean that the e-file was successfully submitted to the IRS and there was an error(s) during processing severe enough to trigger a rejection.
The error(s) may have occurred in the 1094-C summary data (Company-Level Errors), the 1095-C data (Employee-Level Errors), or in both sections. For any e-file(s) with a submitted date of 6/30/2016 or earlier, this status would have temporarily satisfied the deadline for original submissions.
This error usually requires action by the client but in some cases (such as some spec issues/scenarios not involving the client data) Greenshades can resolve the issue on their end and reprocess. In the case of initially vague Rejection errors, Greenshades will work with their Development team to confirm the cause before following up.
Corrections for this status are due 60 days from the original submission date.
Even if no corrections were necessary, it is best practice to re-file.
Note: These instructions were compiled by Greenshades and are subject to change.
Correcting a "Rejected" Submission
Use the 1095C Correction Option in Greenshades' Tax Filing Center to create and submit a replacement e-file as required by the IRS.
Note: Correct the errors by fixing the data in Avionté prior to feeding it into the Tax Filing Center. The ACA XML must reflect these changes.
- In the Greenshades Tax Filing Center, click Create E-File Returns. The 1095-C Correction Option window displays.
- Select the radio button that says "Correct a Previous Submission."
- From the drop-down menu, select a "Rejected" submission that requires a replacement file.
- After making the selection, click Next.
- The pop-up notification, File 1095-C Original as a 'Replacement window appears. Click OK.
- On the Employee Identify Verification page, the question "Would you like to take this opportunity to verify the identity of your employees by having them cross-referenced with the Social Security Administration's records?" appears.
To verify the SSNs before submitting, select the radio button, "Yes, please verify my employee information." Select the radio button that says, "No, do not verify my employee information at this time," to proceed without checking the SSNs.
Note: Greenshades strongly suggests that the SSN's be verified if this has not already been done. However, this is not a requirement to proceed.
- Once a selection has been made, click Next. The "Build" screen will appear.
- In the Build screen, check the box under the "Build?" column next to the "US-1095-C" file type listed under the "Electronic Return" column.
Note: If you would like to use the Advanced Editor option, place a checkmark in the checkbox at the bottom of the page. It is not required you view or use the Advanced Editor when fixing a Rejection.
- Click Next. If you chose to open the Advanced Editor, see the
- If errors were found, they will display. Click Click to View Errors to view the detailed information regarding any errors and warnings that were found. If no errors were found, the link will read Click Here to Begin Filing and click that instead.
- Continue through the rest of the e-file wizard and submit the replacement file. The last screen of the E-File wizard will be the same screen that was visible when submitting the original file.
Using the Advanced Editor
Using the Advanced Editor to make changes in the Tax Filing Center is optional.
There are two ways to search using the Advanced Editor:
- Type into the blank field beneath the column you are using as the identifier (i.e. type the Employee ID in the blank field directly below the column header "EmployeeID").
- To edit a filter, click Edit Filter. The Filter Editor window appears. Click the "+" sign to expand an option. Click the "X" button to remove a filter. Click Apply to apply the changes.
Back to Top
The Advanced Editor will open in a pop-up window. The "Employee Information" section will be expanded by default.
Note: If you only want to review/edit your 1094C and submitter (company) data, then you can ignore the "Employee Information" section and expand the "Company Information" of the Advanced Editor by clicking on the arrow on the left side of the row.
- In the expanded "Employee Information" section of the Advanced Editor, click the "+" symbol next to an employee ID to expand the Employee's Information.
- Click into any field to make necessary changes to the employee data. Make all employee-level corrections now.
- If there are company-level changes that need to be made, DO NOT click Save and Close. Continue with the Company Level steps below.
If all edits have been made to the employee data and there are no company-level changes, click Save and Close. This will close the Advanced Editor and the Tax Filing Center will finish building the 1095C Replacement E-File for submission.
- In the Advanced Editor screen, expand the company information by clicking on the arrow next to "Company Information" in the upper right of the screen.
- Click into any field to make changes to the company data. Make all company-level changes now.
Note: Only the applicable (per data contained in the XML feed) sections will show here. The below screenshot is from an example and includes all possible sections.
- If there are additional employee-level changes that need to be made, DO NOT click Save and Close and expand the Employee Information section by clicking the arrow to the bottom left of the screen.
If you are done making corrections and there are no employee-level changes, click Save and Close in the lower right corner. This will close the Advanced Editor and the Tax Filing Center will finish building the 1095C Replacement E-File for submission.
3rd party link Disclaimer: These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by [The author] of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. [The author] bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.